Topmost popular movies made on the novels of Stephen KingTopmost popular movies made on the novels of Stephen King
on Feb 18, 2020 A reader can never feel lonely because he/she has his own world of books. Books always take us to another world with the stories within them. There are many genres which excite readers. The most popular genres between the youth and kids are sci-fi, fantasy and horror. Stephen king is the real king of horror and fantasy genres. His novels are always the talk of the town. The work of Stephen King has become the inspiration for Hollywood many times. There are also several Netflix movies and series made on the amazing stories written by an amazing writer Stephen King. Here is a list of 5 most popular movies which are based on SK’s novels and made are quite popular in the show business -
- IT: The horror movie is based on the masterpiece of Stephen King. The original novel was published in the year 1986 under Viking publisher. In the year 2017, the movie was released and took us in the time of Clown horror. IT gave us the very famous clown of the horror world, ‘Pennywise’. The movie earned fame and name in Hollywood and was appreciated by both movie and book lovers. The second part of the movie was released in 2019 and did a good business in the industry.
- Doctor Sleep: The movie came out in the year 2019. The movie lovers and book lovers were really excited for this movie as it was the adaptation of a very popular novel by Stephen King, ‘The Shining’. It was also the sequel of Stanley Kubrick’s 1980 film. The novel was published in 1977. In 1980, a movie based on the novel was released. The sequel of the same movie has come out as ‘Doctor Sleep’.
- In the tall grass: A very interesting psychological thriller film based on the novel by Stephen King, directed by Vincenzo Natali. The novel was published in 2012 and then Netflix released the movie in 2019. The novel and movie both are a psychological masterpiece. When you read the novel, you can feel your senses were trying to picturize the story in your mind. The moment you see it on the story on the screen, you will feel the justice is done to you.
- Gerald's Game: A Netflix original based on the novel ‘Gerald's Game’ written by SK. It is a psychological horror-thriller film directed by Mike Flanagan. The King’s novel was published in the year 1992 and Netflix decided to release the film in 2017. The movie counts as one of the best films present on Netflix. It has acquired the stop into the list of every psychological thriller lover.
- The Mist: A sci-fi horror film released in the year 2007 based on the novel written by Stephen King. It's a work of science fiction and horror which is quite a popular choice among the teenagers who are looking for a horror movie to enjoy their holidays. The movie is directed by Frank Darabont who has been nominated for three Academic Awards and a Golden Globe award. The original novel, ‘The Mist’ can be easily found in the school libraries as it falls under the favourite section of students who love to read about the combination of science and horror.