Paper Road Press Pukapuka Honoured As Award FinalistsPaper Road Press Pukapuka Honoured As Award Finalists
on Apr 20, 2021 Wellington-based whare perehi (publishing house) Paper Road Press is proud to announce that several of its pukapuka (books) and kaituhi (authors) have been honoured in the list of Sir Julius Vogel Award finalists published today. The Sir Julius Vogel Awards recognise excellence in science fiction, fantasy, or horror works created by New Zealanders. They are named for the eighth Premier of New Zealand, who in 1889 wrote what was probably the first sci-fi novel by a New Zealander, Anno Domini 2000 – A Woman’s Destiny. This pukapuka promotes a utopian view of the future in which women would hold many positions of authority. This year Paper Road Press has the following finalists, all of which were published in 2020. Award winners will be announced next month.
- The Stone Wētā by Octavia Cade is a finalist for Best Novel
- No Man’s Land by AJ Fitzwater is a finalist for Best Novella
- Year's Best Aotearoa New Zealand Science Fiction & Fantasy Volume 2 edited by Marie Hodgkinson is a finalist for Best Collected Work
- Cover art for No Man’s Land and Year's Best… by Laya Rose are finalists for Best Professional Artwork
- Cover art for The Stone Wētā by Emma Weakley is also a finalist for Best Professional Artwork
Author Award Finalists Bestseller Books Frontlist Frontlist India Frontlist Latest Frontlist Latest news Latest news