Frontlist News | Independence Day 2020: HRD Ministry invites applications for online essay competition
To mark Independence Day, the Ministry of HRD has invited applications for online essay competition under the theme ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat-Swatantra Bharat’.
Ahead of Independence Day celebrations, the Ministry of Human Resource Development will be organizing online essay writing competition in collaboration with MyGov. This would be open for school students studying in classes 9 to 10 or secondary stage and 11 to 12 or higher secondary. This would be taken cared of by NCERT.
The subtopics under the main topic for essay writing, that is, “Atma Nirbhar Bharat-Swatantra Bharat” are as follows:
1. For Atma Nirbhar Bharat the Indian Constitution and Democracy are the biggest enablers.
2. India at 75: A Nation Marching towards Atmanirbhar Bharat
3. Atma Nirbhar Bharat through Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat: Innovation thrives when there is unity in diversity
4. Digital India: Opportunities in Covid-19 and Beyond
5. Atma Nirbhar Bharat-Role of students in National Development
6. Atma Nirbhar Bharat-Independence from gender, caste and ethnic biases.
7. Atma Nirbhar Bharat: Making of a new India through Bio-Diversity and Agricultural Prosperity.
8. While I exercise my rights I must not forget to undertake my duties to usher in an Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
9. My physical fitness is my wealth that will build the human capital for Atma Nirbhar Bharat
10. Conserve Blue to Go Green for an Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
Independence Day essay competition by HRD
The selection of essays will be taken up at two levels.
Firstly, states/UTs levels will finalise the essays.
Next, the selected 10 essays from each state will become the pool of selected essays for the final selections at national level by a team of experts decided by NCERT.
As many as 30 essays will be selected in each category i.e. Secondary stage and Higher Secondary stage by the NCERT.
Prizes will be announced for the national level winners soon.
Students may submit their entries on the link below by August 14, 2020: