Balli Kaur JaswalBalli Kaur Jaswal
on Aug 27, 2019
AboutBalli Kaur Jaswal is a Singaporean novelist, having family roots in Punjab, region. Her first novel Inheritance won the Sydney Morning Herald’s Best Young Australian Novelist Award in 2014, and her second novel Sugarbread was a finalist for the 2015 inaugural Epigram Books Fiction Prize. Her third novel, Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows was released to international acclaim in 2017. Movie rights for Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows have been sold to Scott Free Productions and Film4. Balli was born in Singapore and grew up living in countries such as Japan, Russia, the Philippines, Australia and the US.
- Inheritance (Sleepers Publishing, 2013)
- Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows (Harper Collins/William Morrow)
- The Unlikely Adventures of the Shergill Sisters (Harper Collins/William Morrow)
- 'I realised women cannot be silenced'. The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- About the author. Balli Jaswal. Archived from the original on 2017-08-21. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- hermes (2017-02-27). Writer takes on taboo issues. The Straits Times. Archived from the original on 2017-11-22. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- Singapore Archives - Prestige Online - Society's Luxury Authority. prestigeonline.com. Archived from the original on 2017-03-30. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- Balli Kaur Jaswal (22 September 2016). Inheritance. Epigram Books. ISBN 978-981-4757-37-9.
- Balli Kaur Jaswal (2016). Sugarbread. Epigram Books. ISBN 978-981-4757-31-7.
- Balli Kaur Jaswal (9 March 2017). Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows: A hilarious and heartwarming novel. HarperCollins Publishers. ISBN 978-0-00-820990-2.
- Jaswal, Balli Kaur,. The unlikely adventures of the Shergill sisters : a novel (First U.S. ed.). New York, NY. ISBN 9780062645142. OCLC 1098034650.