How to Launch a Digital Magazine that People will LoveHow to Launch a Digital Magazine that People will Love
on Aug 27, 2019 Think magazines are dead? Despite the rise of YouTube and visual media platforms like Pinterest, people still spend a lot of time reading. However, how lucrative is a digital magazine? The fact of the matter is that the worldwide revenue of this industry reaches $12.13 billion through advertising alone. It’s only expected to increase to about $18 billion by 2020. Magazines are still a big deal – but on a digital platform now, not on printed paper. If you want to dig in and start digital magazines online, you need to have a platform to support you. They can help with digital publishing to get you out there. First, however, you need to know what kind of magazine to make so people will love it. Here are some of the things you need to consider:
1. Know Your Target AudienceBefore starting a digital magazine, you need to understand the kind of audience you want. You need to know what they’re looking for and the things that they’re interested in. Having this kind of knowledge affects the way you tailor your content and cater to your intended audience more efficiently. For example, if you want to make a tech magazine catered to a specific country, you need to ensure that the content you’ll make interest these people. Aim too low with your target demographic, and you’ll fail to make them feel interested and impressed. If you think you already know the audience you want to attract, you should still try putting yourself in the shoes of both your current and prospective demographic. Making marketing personas can help you cover the basics of market demographics and help you discover the routines, activities, and goals of the audience you want to reach.
2. Stay FlexibleAs with any marketing means, flexibility gives you a lot of value. The great thing about digital magazines is that it’s easy for you to adjust regardless of your situation. After all, you have access to analytics that can help you check on how your readers look at your content and their duration of stay. Once you check the most popular content you have, it’s easier for you to make adjustments on short notice. You might have plans that can help you launch your digital magazines, but adjusting it based on your real situation makes it stay afloat. Your analytics can be the primary basis for these adjustments–use them wisely.
3. Optimize Your Email Subscription FormsWhile you might have the means to know your audience and find out what they want, it doesn’t help if you can’t reach them using realistic means. What this means is that you need to make your entire website pages more enticing and compelling. A great way to do this is to ensure that your calls to action are compelling. Show them that subscribing to your digital magazines a taste of what they’ll get. If you make it interesting enough, they will hand over their email addresses and subscribe.
4. Use Social Media to the FullestA digital magazine needs social media as well. Social media is one of the most popular means of promoting yourself without having to pay that much. Don’t underestimate it since around 68% of American adults have Facebook accounts, with 75% of them accessing it on a daily basis. Remember, you can only email people a certain amount of times before it becomes marked as spam. Social media gives you a platform to have a limitless amount of virtual interaction with your intended audience. It functions more than a means of distributing your digital magazines. It allows you to have conversations as well as managing giveaways and answer your followers’ questions.
5. Hire Good Content WritersWhen you create a digital magazine for online consumption, you might get compared to blogs. However, your biggest difference compared to the latter is the fact that you can accept content from other writers and contributors like photographers. You can always accept writers willing to make content for free, but you have to keep in mind that it might affect the overall quality of your magazine. Accepting contributions made by real people can remove the quality concerns. However, if you’re determined to get the highest quality posts, you have to pay for it. There is no going around it, but the benefits you gain from doing this are enough to offset the upfront costs.
6. Optimize for Search EnginesWhen you want to get found by the audience you want to reach, always remember that search engine optimization (SEO) is your best friend. You need to get the help of an SEO expert to ensure that your content is more prominent among search engines, making it rank higher in the results page. Ensure that your landing page gets the most attention since most people will decide to explore your content more if it’s visible enough. If you have more funds than free time, get a webmaster with good SEO experience. You only stand to gain more once your online magazine gains more traction and visibility.
7. Reach Out for ReviewsAs soon as you create an online magazine, make sure to get it reviewed by the people reading your content. The reviews can help you in two different ways: give you the right feedback to maintain your best practices and change the wrong things while giving users more incentive to subscribe. Search for comments in your social media account and reach out to your subscribers for their opinions.
Start Your Digital Magazine Today!Starting up your very own digital magazine can get difficult if you don’t know what to do. If you follow these tips and tricks, you can ensure that the launch of your online magazine goes smoother. Consequently, allowing you to gain substantial followers within its first few months. However, if you really want to take off, you need to ensure that your platform provider is great, so you receive the right support you deserve. Do you need help in launching your online magazine in the most effective way possible? You can contact us today and let our team help you. We have the right expertise when it comes to ensuring that you have your own 100% branding when it comes to any aspect of your magazine.
Hire good content writers Know your target Start your digital magazine today Stay flexible The worldwide revenue Use social media With digital publishing Youtube and visual media platforms