As India faces the deadly Covid-19 second wave surge, the government had on Monday opened vaccinations to everyone above the 18 years of age from May 1
Registration for Covid vaccines for those above 18 to start from 28 April. How to book appointmentRegistration for Covid vaccines for those above 18 to start from 28 April. How to book appointment
on Apr 23, 2021
Vaccine registration for all above 18 years will start from 28 April on the CoWin platform and the Aarogya Setu app. So, those eligible for the jabs in the third phase of the inoculation drive which will kickstart from 1 May, can register for their shot.
As India faces the deadly Covid-19 second wave surge, the government had on Monday opened vaccinations to everyone above the 18 years of age from May 1. It also allowed states, private hospitals and industrial establishments to procure the vaccine doses directly from manufacturers. Under the third phase of the national vaccination drive commencing next month, the vaccine manufacturers would supply 50 per cent of their monthly Central Drugs Laboratory (CDL) released doses to the central government. They would be free to supply the remaining 50 per cent doses to state governments and in the open market. The Centre will continue to vaccinate those declared eligible so far - frontline workers, health workers and those above 45. Apart from Serum Institute of India's Covishield and Bharat Biotech's Covaxin, Russia's Sputnik will soon be used, the government says. Yesterday, Serum Institute of India (SII) said its vaccine would be sold at ₹400 to states and at ₹600 to private hospitals. Here is how to register for Covid-19 vaccination through the CoWIN portal:
- Log on to www.cowin.gov.in.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Get an OTP to create your account.
- Enter the OTP and click on the “Verify button.
- You will be directed to the registration of the vaccination' page. On this page, there will be an option to choose one photo ID proof.
- Fill in your name, age, gender and upload an identity document.
- Click on the “Register button.
- Once the registration is completed; the system will show the “Account Details.
- A citizen can further add three more people linked with this mobile number by clicking on the “Add More button.
- There will be a button indicating 'Schedule appointment'. Now click on it.
- Search a vaccination centre of choice by state, district, block and pin code.
- Date and availability will also be displayed.
- Click on the 'book' button.
- On successful completion of booking, you will receive a message. That confirmation details will have to be shown at the vaccination centre.
- On the Aarogya Setu app homepage, go to the 'CoWIN' tab.
- Under the CoWIN icon, you can see four options - Vaccine Information, Vaccination, Vaccination Certificate, Vaccination Dashboard.
- Tap on the Vaccination tab and then select the Register Now option.
- Enter your mobile number and then click on proceed to verify.
- Enter the OTP and again select proceed to verify.
- Once the number verification is done, you will have to upload a photo ID card.
- You also need to fill in other details such as age, gender, year of birth.
- You can register a maximum of 4 beneficiaries through the Aarogya Setu app.
- You can also check for vaccination sites by state, district, block and pin code. The date and availability will be displayed. Select the book option.
- Once registered successfully, you will receive an SMS with the appointment details
Covid vaccine registration Covid vaccine registration opens for 18 years and Covid vaccine registration phase 3 Covid-19 Cowin portal Frontlist Frontlist India Frontlist India news Frontlist Latest Frontlist Latest news Frontlist Latest Update Frontlist News how to register for covid vaccine in Delhi Latest news