Govt. Launches YUVA Scheme to Mentor Young Writers, Offers Stipend of Rs. 50,000Govt. Launches YUVA Scheme to Mentor Young Writers, Offers Stipend of Rs. 50,000
on Jun 11, 2021 Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday announced the ‘Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors’ (YUVA) scheme, a mentor-ship programme to train young authors. The scheme is aimed at training 75 aspiring writers below 30 years, who are ready to express themselves and project India and its culture and literature globally. A consolidated scholarship of Rs 50,000 per month for a period of six months per author will be paid under the mentor-ship scheme. Sharing the link to the official web-page of the programme, PM Modi tweeted, “Here is an interesting opportunity for youngsters to harness their writing skills and also contribute to India’s intellectual discourse,”
- A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest at MyGov.
- The selection will be made by a Committee to be constituted by NBT.
- The contest will run from 4th June to 31st July 2021.
- The contestants will be asked to submit a manuscript of 5,000 words to judge its suitability to develop as a proper book under the Mentor-ship Scheme.
- The names of selected authors will be announced on the occasion of Independence Day on 15th August 2021.
- Based on mentor-ship, the selected authors will prepare manuscripts for final selection under the guidance of the nominated mentors.
- The entries of the winners will be readied for publication by 15th December 2021.
- The published books may be launched on 12th January 2022 on YUVA DIVAS or the National Youth Day.
Education Education News Frontlist Frontlist Article Frontlist Education Frontlist education News Frontlist India Frontlist India news Frontlist Latest Frontlist Latest news Frontlist Latest Update Frontlist News Google news Indian author Indian Author News Frontlist Indian Govt Narendra modi News Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank Writers Young writers YUVA Scheme